View Single Post
jen 06:48 AM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I see nothing wrong with an occasional day off a parent has that may need to catch up on cleaning, sleep, errands etc. Especially when a child goes to a place with a routine and school-like atmosphere. Of course I think it's important to take days off with your kids to spend one on one time witth them.

But if I can get in and get out of the grocery store in half the time, then yes I will stop by the store before I pick them up. (I always pick up by 2:30-3:00 anyway).
I don't think anyone is talking about parents who take the OCCASIONAL day off and pick up by 2:30 or 3pm.

You have NO idea how many kids are dropped off at 6:30 AM and then not picked up until 5 or 5:30 pm every single day...and then when Mom gets a day off...same schedule...EVERY time. I've had a family in daycare whose kids attend between 10.5 and 11 hours per day for nearly 4 years and they are NEVER home with Mom or Dad even if Mom and Dad aren't working. EVER. It's those people who create the frustration among providers.