View Single Post
Unregistered 02:34 AM 02-21-2012
I work at the daycare where my child was scratched badly twice by the teacher. It's a shame because I took this job for that main reason to be where my children are so I can keep an eye on them. Although, I understand we are always understaffed and teachers get frustrated with their class, but there is no excuse for hurting children in the process. I'm a parent of twins and unless you have twins you can't understand the pressures of raising two children of the same age, it's a real challenge, nonetheless a teacher has to have techniques in place to handle any situation and that is why they went to school right? I'm very upset about the whole situation, but approached the teacher very calmly and asked what happened and she claimed that she told my child to get in line and refused and instead continued to color a picture for mom and was told yet another 2 times was scratched in the process. What I don't accept is why are you putting hands on my child because she's not getting in line, how are you grabbing her? When I did ask to see the video, it wasn't even visiable to see where the camara was placed how convenient. Two weeks later another incident same story, my child didn't listen when she was told to go to another play area during free choice I might add and she wanted to be in certain area, she was told 3 times to move to another area, but if my child wanted to be there, was it necessary again to scratch her to get her attentiion? I'm I confused here? I want to ask all parents when you child/children don't follow your directions, do you scratch and hurt them in the process sometimes? Maybe? But they are you children right so I rest my case.