View Single Post
Unregistered 05:55 AM 04-13-2017
I quit my food program provider and I am looking for another just haven't got that going yet, crazy busy. Unfortunately I don't get reimbursed as much as I used to at my other location.

As far as rate structure I like that version! I read a thread on here years ago about limiting the hours otherwise you will have parents taking up your whole 12 hrs and that is exactly what many did.

So I charge them for blocks of time and each kid has a schedule. BUt they do it within my 10.5 hr day.

I am noticing between cleaning, training, marketing and following up on new potential parents email, calling me, meeting. That I easily tip over 12 hr days. Which is not ok.

I may seriously consider a flat start time, then tiered rate based on when they leave starting at 3pm. Hmmm my wheels are turning.

I charge the most in the area for in home. I just did notice that the centers bumped up their rates again in January so I have been trying to change a few things and considering raising mine again. Really because I keep a small group. If I had 5-7 kids I wouldn't worry but I have no more than 4 and then someone is always waiting to start, so frequently 3 paying. When you deal with babies and wanting newborns you wait.

Realizing I have to tweak a few things. Great advice thank you.