View Single Post
Unregistered 09:04 PM 04-16-2017
I'm sorry for the long message in advance but I need advice. I have lurked on this message forum for several years now and love the advice I've seen the ladies on this forum give. I'm hoping you can help me here. I have 6 children who range in age from 13 to 22 months. 3 years ago I needs a babysitter when we went away on vacation so I contacted a babysitting agency and was put in touch with a sitter from the agency named Donna. I had 5 kids at the time. Donna came and was great with the kids. I used her several times that year and then the next two years and actually hired her away from the babysitting agency. This was per her suggestion because she didn't want to have to split the proceeds with her boss. This was a singly owned babysitting company with one owner. Anyhow, last October I came down to Florida with just my baby and used her and she didn't even help with my baby yet expected to be paid. It was my fault at that time for not speaking up. I had s convention to do which was cancelled due to a hurricane but I was using her as a Mother's helper yet she never helped me with my son. She came to Disney with us yet had her husband just push her around in a wheelchair while I paid her by the hour and I watched my son and paid her meals and she did nothing to help him. I shrugged it off because the weekend was a bust. So fast forward to this vacation I had all of my children with me and the first night she comes with us to the hotel and there was an issue with our hotel and I'm looking to her to watch my baby while I solve it and she's just watching him run around in the lobby and do nothing. She's expecting my older kids to watch him. I'm
Paying her to do that! I had to ask her to change him! Then then the following night I left to run an errand and she took the kids swimming. My 11 year old daughter doesn't swim fully yet and went out too deep and was going under water and my 5 year old was screaming to her that she was going under water but Donna was just smoking s cigarette and ignoring her completely. Thankfully my daughter managed to save herself and get to the edge and get out. She was all right. But my 7 year old also does not swim and he did drown and was completely underneath the water. My other son saw this and jumped in because Donna again was not paying attention and would not listen to their cries. My son grew up all over her afterwards. Then she proceeds to takenmy 22 month old in the hot tub and dunk his head underneath the water. I am just absolutely furious over this. I know my children are not lying or making this up I googled the companies name and there are other allegations and issues that have come up. How do I proceed here? I'm so thankful that my children are ok and nothing more serious happened but Donna certainly never said anything and I know she had no intention of telling me unless she had to. I was planning on using her the rest of the time we were here but have made up excuses as to why we have not and she is furious at me but I will not and cannot put my children in harms way like that. We were friends as well and this is what has me so angry over this I do not understand how she could do this. She claims to have cared about my children but I felt like it was all a guise. I was only paying her as a friend to hang out with me so to speak of you get my drift. My children could've been seriously injured.