View Single Post
Leigh 08:30 AM 05-17-2013
I don't know enough about the situation to say what I would do. Did DCM that signed up LIE TO YOU about having to work? If that were the case, I would simply term her and not worry about Memorial Day. I make it clear to parents that I am not going to tolerate being lied to: not about sick kids, days off, nothing. I am happy to take your child during your contracted hours whether you are at work, at the museum, or on the golf course. It doesn't matter to me if you play hooky. If you lie to me and I find out, you're out the door. To me, this business is about trust, and if we can't trust one another, it's over.

Right now, it's up to YOU whether you want to take this family on the holiday or not. Be honest with mom either way-just tell her that you didn't get enough families to sign up to make it worth it to you, or tell her that you've decided to take her child even though she doesn't work. In my opinion, the mom that signed up is stealing YOUR holiday from you by asking you to work on a day that she doesn't.