View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:00 AM 05-17-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
They work together and their children share the same daycare. I have a feeling that the confronting dcm knows/sees that the confronted dcm spends alot of time out of work NOT with her child.

Maybe that kind of thing doesn't sit well with confronting mom. I know it doesn't sit well with me. I hear all kinds of excuses all week long about why parents can't be with their kids while they're not at work (and if these parents didn't feel like they were doing something wrong, why are they trying so hard to explain themselves to me?) and I think the majority of it is garbage.

Even though I KNOW it's none of my business and that the other mom very well might have a valid excuse to have her child at daycare... I'm pretty sure if I was in the same situation, I'd have asked the other mom the same thing.
Oh, I hear you and definitely agree, I just find it terribly rude for a daycare parent to confront another daycare parent...even of they re co-workers.

If DCM #1 was in a position of authority over the other DCM at work, then she should discuss work related issues at work and not at daycare.

Also, if either DCM feels the other is taking advantage of the provider, that is still not her place to say.

Plus, provider already said she doesn't care if the parent is working or not so why the family signed on for that day or not is no one's business.

NOT wanting to spend time with your own child doesn't sit well with me but neither does one parent trying to tell another how to parent...kwim?

(I don't mean any of what I said snarky or rude... just putting my perspective out there.... LOL! In light of the forum mood lately, I feel I need to say that. )