View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:33 PM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Someone should sue daycare providers and force regulation by child care services. Parents having to PAY for the providers VACATION!!!???
If it were true as some providers here state that I am 'renting space', then when the daycare is on vacation, I should be able to take my child there to play with the toys.
And No, Unregistered simply means, I have a busy job and don't want to waste my time arguing.
If you get a gym membership and pay a monthly fee and they close they don't let you go in when they are closed even even though you paid for a full month.

As it was already stated before ... some provider charge for vacation and other's don't (I for one don't charge my families when I close due to vacation but I do however charge if they go on vacation/sickness etc.).

I think that your argument to collectively sue and force regulation on child care providers (business owners) is outlandish and juvenile. We have freedom to enterprise as we each see fit without regulation for a reason ... and by we I mean all business owners. It is the responsibility of the consumer to be well informed about the product or service that they are "purchasing" and then deal responsibly with the consequences if they choose to be uninformed in what they are "purchasing".

This argument reminds me about the woman who sued Oreo because her son was fat (who was purchasing and allowing the child to eat the Oreos?) and the elderly woman who sued Mc Donald's because she ordered a coffee, spilled it on herself and got burned (who's responsibility was it to properly handle a hot beverage?) ... what ever happened with common sense? You can't honestly believe that it is anyone elses responsibility to make decisions for you without you putting in any effort on your part, I would hate to live in a world like that.

In the case of provider's charging for their vacation time: It is the consumer's responsibility to read the contract and policies, understand them, ask questions and then decide whether or not they believe the program is a good fit for their needs or not and to decide whether they agree with the terms or not. If not then they are free to continue their search for child care until they find a program that they agree with ... not everyone charges for provider vacation, all programs run and work differently. If a child care provider changes the policies after a client signs up then the consumer can terminate services (with proper notice as the consumer agreed to) and then find alternative child care that better suits their needs. It's that easy.