View Single Post
saved4always 11:05 AM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
One of the earlier posters stated to think about it that we as parents get paid by our employers for vacation so providers should be afforded the same benefit. Here is the difference. Providers are not our employees or employers. I have read countless times on this board that childcare providers are their own boss. They are a service provider. When my maid, landscaper, dog walker or hairdresser go on vacation I don't pay them their normal fees for the week. I either skip that service for the week or I use someone else and pay them their fee.
If it is in their contract and you sign it (AGREEING to it by SIGNING it), you sure do pay them what you agreed to!

It is always enlightening to hear complaints about paying for daycare from people who can afford maids, landscapers, and dog walkers. Totally love what Blackcat said above. When I provided childcare, I made $25 for an 8.5+ hour DAY to watch a child. I probably would have made a better living per hour in one of those other services since it seems people are willing to pay more for those luxuries than they are for the care of their CHILD.