View Single Post
A Mama 11:42 AM 07-31-2008
As you may notice, I comment on these type of questions frequently as I too am learning as I go Legally, I believe the providers can charge you for anything they like as long as you agree to pay. Many people have suggested asking for a contract (which I did not do with my provider) so that you know what you are signing on for in advance. In my experience of calling around to several daycares to ask their policies, it's a mixed bag...some charge for time off, some don't. My child goes part-time, but my provider does not do a part-time rate, so I pay for full-time care (which I agreed to). I also pay for her holidays and within the past year I have paid for 3 weeks sick leave (I did not agree with this, but did not have a contract to refer to and thus ended up in an argument and losing). You may want to refer to some of the other posts if you haven't already for more information. To answer your question of "who works for who?", I am of the opinion that if I am paying someone for a service and they are not providing it the way I prefer, I have the right to discontinue this service. So, in a sense the provider works for me. However, you will likely find (as I have) that the providers tell you how it works and you either agree or don't...