View Single Post
Unregistered 01:09 PM 07-24-2012
I don't give sibling discounts. Hurts my bottom line. I tell parents to get a nanny that will be cheaper than daycare for 2 and they can come home to dinner and laundry done. As far as I am concerned I am putting more of my eggs/income in one basket and if stuff goes south I am out double the money. Not worth it.

The only discount I give is 10% for paying a month at a time. I raise my rates lsightly every year for new kids coming on board. 3/4 of my parents pay a month at a time now. So I can pay most of my bills at the beginning of the month. It is great for budgeting purposes. That works great when you have parents that are pregnant that are planning way out. When you tell them the rate range and then that they get a 10% discount for paying a month at a time they have time to save up for that. Plus it helps weed out the broke parents, you get more stable parents that don't jerk you around with pay and take their kids to the doc when they are sick, take off work when they are sick etc.

I consider it a test too lol