View Single Post
Abigail 11:50 PM 11-16-2010
Good questions! I was wondering the same thing. We DO document poor behavior because it is grounds for termination after so-many incidents and it's so much easier to look back at reasons why you needed to terminate. I always remember the Good and some Bad, but even if it was more Bad than Good, after awhile I tend to only think of the Good. Sorry if that didn't make sense. LOL.

I wouldn't want to put up with that behavior. It's good that you've spoken with her mom many times, but I would create an "Incident Form" and hand write what happened with who and what time and what the plan of action was. Have the parent sign it EVERY DAY it happens. I'm sure you'll find that soon enough you have quite a few and the day will come when you say they've reached the limit.

I would create your own sheet with questions and fill in the blanks. If you have not seen a basic "Incident Report Form" you could use this as your guidelines, but I would definitely tailor something to your needs. I personally don't care for these, but for injuries it would work great. We mainly have to fill these out for biting incidents, but so much clutter is on the page if you ask me. http://www.ndchildcare.org/providers...orm%20CFOC.pdf

Let me know if you do want to create a general form, I will help you.