View Single Post
Heidi 03:35 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Welcome,

She is probably confused and thinking a monthly rate of *** is for a calendar month.

I would simply explain it is biweekly rate, *** for 10 days of care. Regardless of stats, illness etc, unless you take personal time off.

She needs to pay you for the next 2 weeks or else don't watch the children.

Good Luck.

eta: many of us have given breaks to families when they first started. because we felt bad for them for some reason or another. You will quickly learn, that even the best of parents will try get a better deal (nothing wrong with that!), but you need to stand firm. You have limited spaces, and you shouldn't have to take a pay cut because someone else can't "afford" it, or would rather spend the money on shoes, eating out, movies, etc.

That doesn't make you dumb, either. It's just who "we" are as a group. We may have BEEN bankers or salesmen or executives or assassins once, but now that we are DCP's we all have soffffft hearts.

I learned long ago that you get payment IN ADVANCE, you get a deposit that covers at least one week at contract signing, and you spell out everything exactly in your contract. Even knowing all this, I gave someone a break when I restarted last year, and it's now biting me in the tooshie. oh well...live and learn AGAIN!