View Single Post
Unregistered 03:49 AM 05-14-2009
A little of what a preschool day is like for me in my dc.

I put a preschool program together every year for my preschoolers. I base it on information I received (by request) from our elementary school. I asked them for the kindergarten packet that explains what the child needs to know to pass the k screening. Basically it covers: numbers 1 thru 10, 11 colors, alphabet, 4 basic shapes. I also go beyond that with some concept words, weekly craft projects, baking day, free play, music, etc.

I basically present my preschool in the mornings, when those under age 2 are napping. Rules are simple: sit quietly, listen, do your work and have fun.

I get most of my information off of websites. I love Kidsoup.com., and it is well worth the $22 per year. Also Childcareland.com is very good. There are many others out there too.

We do a lot of holiday activities/crafts. Bake something about 1 time per week. Have music day, book day, etc. I have found that coming up with a plan is the best and hardest thing to do. But once you figure it out and keep to your schedule....your days will go much smoother.

Here are a couple samples of what I used for my preschool outline....and just built off of it:

SEPTEMBER

Numbers: 1, 2

Alphabet: A, B, C, D

Shape: Circle

Colors: Red, Blue

Back To School

Fall

Apples

Song: Good Morning Song

OCTOBER

Numbers: 3, 4

Alphabet: E, F, G, H