View Single Post
Unregistered 06:57 AM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
It's great that you spend your extra time with your children...and I've never met a provider who minded parents dropping off when the didn't work here and there...it's the ones who NEVER take their extra time with their children that drive us crazy.

It's great that your center offers free days, but the thing is this. Parent's shouldn't need a financial incentive to spend time with their kids.
Oh, I totally agree that they shouldn't, but that's how it is unfortunately. It's hard for people to see past money. There's a mindset of "as long as I have to pay for it anyway ...." I think if daycare providers offered a few "free" days to their parents, like my center does, they'd maybe see their parents start to keep their kids home more on their days off. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. For the record, there were several days when we kept our daughter home from the home daycare and paid for the days anyway. We don't only do it because we get "free" days now. It's just nice to not have to pay.