View Single Post
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:33 AM 11-25-2009
If you honestly what to know what you can "get away with" or what the penalties for are when you DO BREAK THE LAW then BIG RED FLAG goes off in my eyes.
If you dont want to be licenced, fine. Don't be. Keep within the limits defined in your state and be the wonderful happy safe loving provider of your dreams. You have to claim EVERY DIME of income anyway. Licensed or not.
BUT,......
if you are asking,.. hey can I take on as many kids as I feel comfortable with no matter the laws in my state and provide unlicensed care? Oh and WHEN I get caught what can they do to me? If your worried about that, maybe you should stick within the laws in your state.

Whether you AGREE or not. As long as you live in the state you do you are required to abide by the laws of that state. If you don't agree to the rules,..either Move somewhere that has none or at least ones you agree to or change them. Don't break them.

I really couldnt give a flippity flop if someone is licensed or not,.. Don't care why or why not you agree with the laws. What your beliefs are as to 'big brother involvement'. BUT,.. should you choose to break the law,.. no matter if you agree with that law,... you should be prepared to deal with the flack from others. Including your peers and the authorities.

Personally,... I HATE some of the rules I have to follow. BUT,.. I follow them because they are law. Just as you wouldnt drink and drive or rob a bank, you shouldnt break the laws about numbers and ratios. And for anyone who wants to slam me for comparing drunk driving to being an unlicensed over the ratio limit provider,.. go ahead. I think MORE HARM comes from people taking on too many things than they can competently handle. I dont mean you personally cant handle 8 or 10 or 15 kids,... and on a good day I think alot can,..

but let me tell you a story. A true to life Honest to God even that happened. I AM licensed,.. I had 7 kids. (licensed for 10 plus 3 school agers) My neighbor lived beside me for 11 years providing unlicensed care. for 11 of those years,.. it was uneventful. She always had more than the 5 kids you are allowed. But I never turned her in, not my business, not my issue and the parents seemed happy. Kids seemed happy. On that fateful day,.. I was out front with my 7. She started Screaming at me,.... HELP!!!! my house is on fire,.. I need you to catch kids and keep them for me,... OK, of course toss them over the fence,.. so I started catching,.... running them back and forth to my front yard that was fenced. After the last one was safely in the gate and the fire dept arrived I had 21. Lets do that math,.... 21 -7 = 14. She had 14 kids in her home, unlicensed. She had for years uneventfully. and it was not until this day that she had an emergency and couldnt handle those 14 kids. By the way,.. one of the boys was treated for burns to his chest and arms from playing with a lighter he found and started the fire with while she was changing a babies diaper. I thank the Lord for things happening the way they did. Now, I ask you could you HONESTLY handle that situation? After 20 years I know I couldnt. Even having the experience I have with not only my own 4 kids but witht he daycare. Because up until that moment she thought she had things in control. She was closed down immediately, state came in filed charges, and proscecuted her. I dont know what they charged her monetarily,... but She has since lost her home to foreclosure because no money , no house. I know she was on criminal charges,... because of not being licensed. The Boys parents sued her for damages and neglect. She lost it all. Because she made a simple mistake one afternoon changing a diaper....

I ask you,.. please be careful. Please remember this story. Its hard sometimes saying to ourselves,.. oh it will be ok, whats one more? I could really pay my bills off faster if only I had one more,... The state needs to stay out of my business, the parents trust me why cant the state? The laws are there for a reason,.. if you dont like them,,, change them, make them different,.. but dont go out in the beginning searching for what you can get away with and how hard will you be puniched if you get caught. Just my opinion,.. and well,.. you know what they say about opinions,.....

peace, Happy Turkey Day and be thankful for what all of us have.....