View Single Post
daycare 02:21 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by misspollywog:
I have a new, very nice dcm and two adorable dcks that I love to death but twice now she has brought her brother along to drop off/pick up the kids and today I found out he is a felon. He seems very nice and seems to be genuinely wanting to move past his past. However, his felonies are for armed robbery and kidnapping. He was very honest with me and told me he is trying to get a job but no one will give him a chance. The robbery was twelve years ago but the kidnapping one was just four years ago.

Since he is out now so I assume it was a 2nd or 3rd degree (not that it matters really because it speaks to his character).

I don't feel unsafe, persay, I am capable of taking care of myself and we have cctv cameras here but... um, well...

Naturally, I have to protect my dc and address this with dcm but I'm not sure how to do it without seeming like I am like everyone else -- unwilling to give this guy a chance to be a productive citizen. Has anyone dealt with this and if so, do you have any suggestions?
Yes my own SIL brought a registered sex offender into my DC and did not tell me at the time. I found out later when they decided to divorce. Yes that's right she knew he was one but still had a child with him and married him. Well several years later they are now divorcing.
Well my niece was here for a few weeks. I called my LiC and They said even though he is a sex offender he has the right to his child unless court says otherwise. So I had to allow for this sicko to my house. I had to term my own niece after a week because I feared for everyones safety.

In your case he's not related. I would think that as long as he's not hanging out at your house and he's only accompanying the sister it's not really a huge deal.
If he does something out of line, I would say something.