Thread: Twins - Rate?
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:25 AM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by earthtoashley:
As a mom of twin toddlers, I am MORE LIKELY to choose a daycare that offers me some sort of discount-- we are a military and fall right on the border of getting a discount.. luckily we do get a government discount for childcare, but that still does not make it that much more affordable. So any extra help is grately appreciate to my husband and I. We have to pay double for EVERYTHING, so discounts wherever we can get them are very important to us. We do not expect it, however, we are thankful to the person/company who gives them to us.
I don't mean this rudely but of course people who have more than one child would want a place that gives discounts but having twins isn't a disability, it is simply having two kids at once. It isn't any different than other families that have more than one child. I think it is wrong to expect special treatment/discounts just because you have more than one child at the same time.

Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont have twins but I just wanted to say.....its not "paying double for everything".....every other person who has two kids pays for daycare for each kid so why would twins be different? That said, OP, if you need the family, why not offer a discount? you don't have to offer that to anyone else.
AGREED! I thought the same thing when I originally read this post. Why are twins any different than regular sibling sets?

I would ONLY discount if I discounted EVERYONE with more than one child, not simply because it were twins.