View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:19 AM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
My parents pay a flat monthly rate requardless of absences, holidays, sick days ect... I was asking if anybody on here charges an additional fee for people you pull no call no show. I have in my contract to charge 20 extra if I am not notified by scheduled drop off time.
No, I do not charge an additional fee for no shows because I have already been paid for the child to be there so when they don't show, I look at it like an advantage to me. Still receiving payment and not having done the work....kwim?

However, I do require the parent to call me if they are going to be late. If they don't call within 30 minutes of their scheduled time, I consider them absent for the day.

3 no-shows, no-calls could mean termination....which is at MY discretion.

Honestly, I can't see charging a fee for them not showing up if you've already been paid for the day anyways. As a parent, I wouldn't enroll in a program that charged me like that.

My dentist charges me whether I show up for the appt or not. They don't add an additional fee on top of that. I know some people say it is an inconvenience fee but I personally fail to see how it can be an inconvenience for me.