View Single Post
melskids 04:22 PM 10-22-2011
Originally Posted by joy:
The websites that many have cited are filled with worksheets, art projects that are not open ended and cookie cutter ideas that do not stimulate creativity and indiviuality. Each child is unique, has a style of learning that needs to be acknowleged and it is the child who needs to be heard, what are they interested in and teachers need to listen. Each child has a unique rhythm, observe, document, photograph and research. These websites contain ideas that are so developmentally inappropriate. Check out naeyc.org.
What you describe is exactly how I run my program. (child led and play based)

However, the OP asked for us to list websites or blogs for curriculum ideas, and that's what I gave her.

Even though I do not use worksheets, alot of these sites have other great ideas. I've even printed certain materials and cut them apart to use for playdough mats, finger puppets and flannel boards.

I personally see nothing wrong with perusing many different sites and blogs for ideas. Many times, I'm looking for dramatic play ideas, songs, poems and fingerplays, and new ideas for OPEN ENDED art. Like I always say, I take what I want, and leave the rest.