View Single Post
mamajennleigh 07:55 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by bella:
Are you kidding me?! I am a christian and I cannot stand it when I see other people so quick to jump on anyone who does not claim God! First of all when you threaten people, you are not practicing what the word teaches. Second of all, if your whole speel was to try and testify, then you did a bad job at it. God says to obey man's law! That includes her boss. These laws are there to protect everyone- I would not like it if I worked for someone who was Buddhist and my boss tried to convert me. And just for the record, I would not want someone so judgemental watching my children! I hope that someday she would come to God, but that is her choice and her's alone.
I must agree with this. Condemning another human being for not believing as you do isn't the way to convince them lol. Why on earth would anyone want part of something that causes people to reach out with such contempt and anger? The answer is, they wouldn't. We're supposed to bring light and salt to the earth, not fire and brimstone.

Check your heart, and see if your post lines up with what Christ calls us to be.

In the meantime, to the original poster:

I would look for another center to work at. It is not ethical for your boss to not be up-front about your job duties with regards to the praying and other religious aspects of your day-to-day involvement with the children. I'm not sure where this falls in the law-related aspects since it is a private business, although I would think that if religion were at the root of the center, it would need to be advertised as such. I think that if you were willing to monitor the prayers of the children (while not praying yourself), and that if you were willing to be respectful of the beliefs of the daycare owner and children who attend there, I don't see why you couldn't continue being employed. That is, unless your boss is like the poster up there who has already sent you straight to hell for your unbelief rather than being an example and letting God introduce himself to you .

Good luck with your situation, and I hope it works out for you!