View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 01:42 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
The mom said that her dr said the girl has bacterial pink eye based on what he saw. No test done that I know of. Her son (who goes to preschool) supposably had viral pink eye a week prior and was sent home from school... Her dr said that because she had eye buggers that hers was bacterial and his was viral because no eye buggers. I dont know.

When you say "nobody here excludes for pink eye" - are you speaking for everyone on this board or just your area? Because all preschools and daycares where I live exclude them the same as I do. I've never heard of a daycare or school that is okay with it spreading like wildfire thru their daycare.

And yes - this DCG is very touchy touchy and likes to hug the infants and touch them... I'm a small home daycare - not a center - so they are in closer proximity to eachother then a center situation. PLUS I have my own family that lives here and MYSELF that I wouldn't want to get it. Pink Eye is vey contagious and NOT enjoyable so why someone who runs a daycare would be cool with it running rampant at their home is beyond me!

She doesnt have viral pink eye.. she has Bacterial Pink Eye.

Also the mom just stated to me that her dosage IS different then her daughters - which she just confirmed with her own dr... so she is going to the dr herself tomorrow to get the correct meds for an adult.

Anyway - I hope you never get a Pink Eye outbreak at your daycare!
I meant nobody in my state excluded, centers, schools included. Myself included.

Sure, I've had a child with pink eye. It generally is more catchy in schools because one teacher can't keep 30 kids hands off each other lol. But I've never had it spread in my home beyond that first kid. Same with a cold.

I don't allow my older kids to touch my littles. AT ALL. EVER. they don't share toys either. I'm not a center. Just a small in home. 5 daycare kids. 2 of my own. They rarely share germs here at all as a matter of fact. The littles have their own area of my living room the kids over two aren't allowed to occupy. I have a visible barrier they all know not to cross.

Call it luck or very rigid hand washing but we just don't have anything running rampant here!

And again, everyone's symptoms are different and there is just no way to know between viral and bacterial for SURE. as far as dosage being different. Sure, mom needs two drops while daughter gets one drop. Here, docs prescribe exactly the same meds for pink eye for adults and kids, just one drop vs. two drops (of course, yur dck doc may do a completely different med). Everyone here has different daycare and etc experience. I'm only speaking from my own personal daycare and medical experience. It is what it is.