View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 12:33 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Actually, I was only having her stay home until Wednesday ... so staying home Monday and Tuesday only. She actually needed to after all because it actually ended up getting worse!!! The mom posted pics of her on FB tonight and they both looked awful. Their eyes were nearly swelled shut - super red. The worst mother/daughter pic I'd ever seen.

The mom said they had to go back to the dr again because it wasn't improving. So now she's keeping her home the rest of the week - per her own wanting to. The dr thinks she got it again from the mom. So I'm VERY glad I stuck to my guns and wanted her out a couple days. Also the dr said it was a really bad idea for them to share the ointment and drops...They were basically exchanging funk! SOOO I guess the myth that you cant get it again while taking meds is not 100% true... just so you all know it can get worse before it gets better and it IS super contagious. I'm just so happy she stayed home and didn't return Monday and today to expose the other kids again.
OR the child actually has viral pink eye instead of bacterial that would make sense also.