View Single Post
Josiegirl 05:00 AM 02-04-2017
I haven't read through everything only because it is such an old post. But these are some of the issues I'm facing at the moment. I have a very sweet 4 1/2 month old and switch her from place to place through the day but do also cuddle/hold her a lot. (I love baby cuddling and cooing) But the sleeping is becoming a problem. I've talked with dcm as to how she does it at home. Says she lays in her crib and sleeps fine. I get a different story when she's with her dad(they live apart).
Some days she falls asleep in the crib, and can resettle if she wakes up. Other days(most days!) if I'm lucky she'll sleep 30 minutes then wake up and have no idea of going back to sleep so I get her up, trying to avoid all the nappers waking up. I know I have to 'get over' feeling like I have to get her up but I don't want to face 5 extremely grumpy fighting overtired kids for the rest of the day either.
Ex. yesterday she slept 3 half hour naps. The day before that in the p.m. she slept 2 hrs. because she settled herself down 2x and fell back to sleep.
I did notice she sleeps better if she rolls herself onto her side and cuddles into herself compared to flat on her back with her arms to her sides. As a matter of fact, so do I.

Any advice besides CIO because I'm not sure I can do that.