View Single Post
Unregistered 08:56 AM 02-02-2011
I just took my daughter out of a situation, where the lady was non licensed.

Some people can handle more kids better than others, this is true.

However the laws are put in place to protect us. Sadly, my now former sitter, didn't have a license. She still doesn't. She is watching about 15 kids a day, plus older kids when they are on intersession.

I don't know what goes on durning the day, but the alarms should have gone off, when my daughter was born, and the woman took 4 babies at the same time, plus she had older kids. I would see the bigger kids in time out all of the time, and just thought they were always into trouble.

Then it was my turn. At 1 1/2, my daughter crawled into a exersaucer, and the sitter made her stay there all day. I was mad and told her about it. Then she would break toys, and get put outside for time out. She would spend some days, outside for time out ALL DAY. My 3 year old got to where she actually enjoyed time out. Due to the emotional neglect, she would purposefully go to time out to avoid the care giver, or to avoid being picked on. She was the last kid standing when a fight errupted, and always took the brunt of it.

When this sitter had about 7 to 10 kids, they got more one on one attention. I agree though, it is hard to truley meet the emotional needs of kids as the numbers climb.