View Single Post
SunshineMama 10:42 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
sweetie this is where you are wrong..... YOu are not in the service of catering to everyone. YOu are a business that offers a certain service, that may or may not offer what everyone wants or needs. AND that is ok.

Like me. I offer services for children 20 months to 5 years of age not enrolled in school. I have parents that have one child here and a younger child in a different daycare. I don't offer the service they need for littles, so they have to go else where.

It's like going to mac donalds and asking for a starbucks coffee. Do you really think they are going to go and get it for you so that they will keep you as a customer. Oh heck no. they will either offer you their services and products or tell you where the nearest starbucks is.

You can't please them all. If you start out this way with letting the parents decide everything for your business, you will be miserable. YOu need to read your PHB every day for the next few weeks. Go over it a million times if you need to so that it is drilled into your head.

Just recently, I got fed up with tons of BS that parents were trying to pull so I sent home a letter. I can share it with you if you would like. It was very strong and soft at the same time and guess what, no one got mad or left. In fact I got many apologies for their wrong behavior.

Who of your group is doing the best on PT and how long have you been trying to PT?
I would love to see the letter if you don't mind PM'ing me.

Today dcb4 came in undies again. I decided to let him have 1 more try, after having a little pep talk with him, and he has gone all day, (#1 and #2) on the potty. I put a diaper on him for naptime, so we'll see if he wakes up dry. After today's success I feel like he might have been able to potty train for a while but he chose otherwise. The mom apologized to me today for springing undies on me, and admitted that she really wasnt sure how to go about everything (AKA didnt read the contract) which did make me feel better. That little bit of respect from her made a big difference.

The other 2, 3 yr old sibs are the ones that I don't think are really super ready. The little girl will ask periodically (as of this week- which is progress here), but today she has been asking right after she pees in her diaper. The brother asks to go after she asks, but I think they are more interested in the M&M rewards. I have been doing this for 4 weeks with them. Their parents are the ones who are really pushing and have a set date (which imho is for them, not their kids). They do not understand that kids act differently in group care then with them.