View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 11:41 AM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by AnjelWings72@yahoo:
Would you be more comfortable if you had the option of Christian classes or non Christian classes would you feel better about taking your child to a Methodist church daycare?
My thinking is that my children are getting a much better education on religion than I ever had growing up. Everything they are being taught is positive. (aside from the cultural garbage they would be exposed to anywhere out here anyway) I would prefer for their heads not to be filled with fire and brimstone and whatnot. Yes, I would prefer them not to be so conflicted as to have people tell them (should they feel the need to share that 'mommy is a witch') that their mommy is evil, but we live in the south--that's going to happen anywhere. The environment is loving and safe and (so far as I can see) non-judgemental. So--given the option of having all of that in a non-religious atmosphere, I would prefer it, but the option isn't present for me. Bottom line is, they are being taught love and respect from two different viewpoints (mine and that of the church day care), so hopefully this will lead them to have open and loving minds as they grow.