View Single Post
Unregistered 03:32 PM 01-14-2011
Well to the OP, think on the bright side. Some people have it worse. I work for a dc provider and while she charges parents a flat rate which includes paid holidays, we dc employees don't reap any of the benefits. Sick days, vacation days, holidays, snow days, funerals, doctors appts., come out of our own pockets - which means no pay. Forget about medical benefits. We work hard (changing diapers, wiping noses, cleaning toilets, feeding and teaching children from infants through K) and most of us make minimum wage. And if we don't like it, there is someone who will gladly take our job. Me... I'll take it because it pays some bills and I love the children. I have neighbors losing their homes because they can't find work....

Oh and if we DO take an unpaid vacation, no one is hired to replace us. The remaining employees usually do double duty to pick up the slack.

But I have to go with what others have said that if you sign a contract, you must abide by it. If you don't agree, just look elsewhere.