View Single Post
SilverSabre25 08:10 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
I admire all of you ladies that are OCD...I am ADHD and everything is so overwhelming some days...I can keep up one day and the next I have clutter and messes everywhere......I wish I had some sort of more thorough system to keep me up on things.....I do wish I was better. I think at some point we will hire someone to come twice a month to help me with the deep cleaning...
oh trust me I feel your pain. Every single itty bitty bit of it.

Flylady is a BIG help...really big. At the core of her "system" is the idea that you can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes--perfect for those of us whose brains can't focus on boring things for very long! I can hyperfocus when it's something I'm really into, and so the 15 minutes is a good tool for me to both "just get it done" and to "do only what I have time for".

You don't have to follow her system to the littlest detail to get a lot of good out of it. I got the emails for years, 6 or 7 years maybe, and read them and got a lot of the basic tenets into my head. I have never been able to follow it to the T, but I did get a lot of good out of it. 15 minutes, the idea that it didn't get messy in a day and it's not going to get clean in a day, a solid morning routine being key to the day, and more, but those are the main ones that float through my head all the time.