View Single Post
Christian Mother 10:22 AM 08-10-2011
I think you def. do have to look at it as a "case by case" issue. Although it is not illegal to charge for holidays or days not there. You do need to put a lot of time looking for a provider... To be honest, I think person(s) looking for care for their child(s) need to do a lot of investigating on what they want in a provider/facility. There are going to be compromises on both ends. But you need to make sure you make a list of things you are looking for. Your child is the most important thing to you so why not take the time to really go in and look for that "perfect" care your looking for. Take in consideration that this is a business to us and we work soooo very hard on making sure your child is safe, loved, entertained, taught, encouraged, I could go on and on. I am willing to bet that your not happy where your at bc you wouldn't question at all pay. You would be sooo over happy where your leaving your child that money would never be a issue. If you think your paying to much you need to be in communication with your provider. Start looking in your area for what the going rate is and if they charge for days that your child is not there. Some do some don't. I do not but I can tell you. My child care here every day. They don't miss days and the parent provide me with toys, food, gift certificates, little notes of appreciation. They do this with out me even asking. I love it bc it makes me feel appreciated..and I would never ask for more money bc these parent go above and beyond. I sometimes will care for a child when it is a holiday and I charge double my normal rate. They don't complain or even argue it. I am hardly ever sick. Last yr I had pneumonia and was sick for 3 days and some of my kids stayed home and i had maybe 2 child that my husband came home to help watch since I could not. We all make do as we all care and love each other. It's a group effort but it is still a business. If you agreed and signed the contract your bound to it. If you now feel that you can't continue paying or you now don't agree you need to have a talk with your provider and either try to find a compromise or give your 2 weeks notice but understand that you will still have to pay regardless of whether your child is there or not.