View Single Post
Countrygal 05:48 AM 04-17-2012
I am a Bible believing conservative Christian. I have come to the conclusion after my loooonnnnnggggg life that:

1) Many Christians steer clear of ALL things that might have any connotations of anything with heathen origins, including Christmas. That's OK. It is between God and them.

2) Personally, I feel each person needs to choose their own path in the face of God, which is right and good.

3) For me, as I have gotten older I have gotten much more accepting of beliefs and practices, and my belief is that a lot is in how you handle it. I have come to the conclusion that the Bible supports this. So, for example Earth Day, if you don't bring in anything New Age, it is NOT New Age. Of course, not unless it is actually an exclusive New Age tradition.

4) Do you know that there is a whole group of Christians that believe that the charge to "keep and maintain the earth" is one of our most important charges in the Bible?? Planting a few trees or learning how to recycle is certainly important to God, IMO

If my parents objected to me celebrating Earth Day, I would probably just skip over it and celebrate our planet earth and how we can care for it at another time - and I'd probably do lots and lots of units on it!!!