View Single Post
TomCopeland 02:53 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by rworkman:
Im thinking of opening up a new daycare. Not state certified just under a business licence. In the state of Alaska i can have 4 kids including my own that i can have under my licence. Is there any new advice on how to get this up and running. I started babysitting for a friend and relized that i like the money coming in to help my husband and i can stay home with my two kids. I dont know how any of the business aspects work as to filing taxes, what can and cannot be written off. I have recently started saving recipts and things that i buy for these kids just to train myself to save them. Any advice from y'all would be greatly appreciated!
Here are the three most important rules to follow as you get started (regarding your business):
1) Save all receipts for anything associated with maintaining, cleaning or repairing your home
2) Keep track of all the meals and snacks you serve to each child
3) Keep track (for at least 2 months) of all of the hours you work in your home when children are not present (cleaning, record keeping, activity preparation, etc.)

Check out my blog that has a lot of info for new providers:http://www.tomcopelandblog.com