View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 08:25 PM 04-04-2010
I have always been told to watch out for watching your own friends kids...and it is so true! I watched my friends boy before/after school and I even gave her a specific contract that I give to all my other clients...and she still never paid me on time...said Oh I'll have to pay you on Tuesday...happened a few times..she pulled out after a few weeks because she said she couldn't afford it and I waited over 2 1/2 weeks for my last pay. It gets very frustrating.

It's tough getting wrapped up with friends and trying to find a way out without ruining the friendship. Maybe just tell her that you rely on this money as a weekly pay for bills just as she relys on her weekly (or biweekly in her case) check.

I had done unliscensed daycare for years and just got registered this past Sept. One thing that feels really good about being registered is it feels I can enforce my rules better...being unregistered felt like nobody respected my rules...like I was home anyway so be lucky I'm getting something. Being registered makes me officially feel like a business and lets me run it that way..I rely on this money for a paycheck. I relyed on in before getting registered but this makes it feel like a self employed business with rules to follow rather than a stay at home mom getting money to help with bills..there is a different feeling there for me.