View Single Post
SunflowerMama 05:00 AM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
For Breakfast I serve:
2x per week- Cereal, Toast, OJ, Milk (you only need one grain but I do both)
3x Per week I rotate- bagel, biscuit, pancake, waffle, muffins, french toast, oatmeal and milk, banana.

For Lunch I Serve:
2 x per week- Sandwich(turkey, PB, or ham), fruit, veggie, and chips (which dont count on the food program but you can serve them in addition)
3x per week- Leftovers from our dinner, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, mac and cheese, fish sticks, Little smokies, BBQ meatballs, Quesadillas, bean and cheese burritos, chicken taquitos, pizza

For Snack I serve:
2 x per week- Cookie and milk
3 x per week- pretzels, wheat thins, p. butter crackers, goldfish crackers and Juice. I keep snacks very basic.
This menu sounds super simple and easy! I'm just starting out and I think trying to really "impress" the parents with the elaborate menu I have. I spend more time on the dck lunches than my own family's dinner. I also spend a fortune on fruit each week. I do a variety of bananas, apple slices, blueberries, strawberries, canned oranges and canned peaches and then a different fresh fruit each week the children may have not tried (this week it was honeydew).

I just have 2 dcgs that always tell me they are hungry throughout the day and have 2nd and 3rds at lunch of fruit and whatever the main dish is. I usually have to replenish my fruit at least once a week and sometimes twice and feel like they are eating me out of house and home during snack time. I just can't imagine them being satisfied with a cookie and milk...this would be such an easy snack though. Snack is usually string cheese, crackers and fruit and most of them will eat more than one string of cheese and with 6 kids it doesn't take long to go through a lot of food.

I'm really thinking about simplifying my menu though for both financial and preparation time reasons.