View Single Post
misspollywog 04:05 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:

I guess my question is how would you have known if he or the sister didn't tell you?
True and I wish I didn't know now because it makes me uncomfortable knowing and of course I'm going to judge his character now based on his crimes which may or may not be fair, but it is what it is.

I try not to judge people, really. In fact, the first time I saw him he was sporting a blue bandana on his head -- kind of a gangsterish look, especially for a small town in Idaho but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he seemed very nice, well mannered and today he was well dressed and seemed genuinely sincere about wanting to get a job. He also looked very ashamed of himself when he told me about his record so I do feel he is trying to move past his past.

Ugh. I dunno why this bothers me, except KIDNAPPING. Really??

On one hand, I feel bad because we all make mistakes (granted few of us commit armed robberies or kidnappings!) and sometimes people like him need to be given a chance. On the other hand, even if I didn't know about the felonies, I have other dcp's coming and going and am uncomfortable having a "gangsta" looking guy coming and going given that isn't the norm here.

I would feel the same way if one of my dcm's brought a guy covered in swastikas wearing a wife beater and combat boots (those guys are not hard to find here, unfortunately) to my door and I'm 99.9% sure this particular dcf would be uncomfortable with that since they are Hispanic/Native American!

Thinking I should breach the subject with her using that analogy, actually. As in, I don't mind if he comes to my door (NOT inside!) as long as she is with him and as long as he isn't sporting his "gangsta" look because I know she'd appreciate I treat a neo-nazi type the same for her families benefit regardless of a criminal record. Oh, and btw, knowing his record, if he tries anything funny she should make sure he knows I will shoot him first and ask questions later. After all, this IS Idaho lol (kidding of course! Well, sort of..).