View Single Post
Moppetland 11:07 AM 10-17-2013
I don't charge for a no show. My parents pay me in advance for the next following week, so, they're paid up. If they don't show up, then they have lost a whole day of care that isn't going to be made up. So actually, I still got paid. It makes no sense to charge if I haven't lost anything.

If they haven't called by a certain time, and I have a planned outing like a walk or a trip to the park, too bad. I don't know what happened, but I don't think I should be calling them to wonder where they are. If they're missing in action with a no call by the 3rd day, then that's when I call them to see what's going on and if they're planning on bringing their child back. It has happened to me before, and basically, it's just the parents being inconsiderate and not calling to tell me that they are at home for a few days, or their child is sick.

I have even written in my policy handbook the consequences of not showing up and not communicating. I would only call them that 3rd day to give them a chance to explain themselves.