View Single Post
daycare 02:03 PM 10-17-2013
food for thought about making a well call check.

about 10 years ago my best friend age 30 died of a heartattack while he was caring for his then 3 year old daughter. He was a single dad.

He had graves disease and was often on tons of medication. He would flip flop from hyper to hypo and would need to change meds when it did.

He was a single dad and had his daughter 50% of the time. He usually woke about 630 am and dropped her off around 730am. She never arrived at her preschool center that day.

The daycare center that she went to did not call anyone until around 1pm, their nap time to let them know that the daughter did not arrive to the preschool that day and dad was not answering his phone.

They finally called my best-friends mom to find out if maybe dad dropped her off there at her house and the mom said no, I will need to look into this. By this time it was almost 3pm. My best friends mother went to his house and there was no answer, but she could hear her granddaughter in the house.

She called the fire department and they broke the door down to find him lying dead, naked on the bathroom floor, this was around 4:45pm by the time they found him. Later it was found that his time of death was 8:08am. Every part of me wonders if the school would have called sooner would my best friend still be here?? My heart breaks to think about my best friends 3 year old daughter in that house all day long while her dad laid dead on the bathroom floor.

Because of this experience, I call within 20 minutes of them not arriving at the time that they are scheduled to arrive. I know that I can't prevent things or stop things from happening, but I always just think what if......................