View Single Post
CityGarden 12:03 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I have not added an additional job while running my in home program since I am just getting established but while teaching I did...

TeachersPayTeachers - very minimally did not make much money as I only added what I made for myself

Tutoring Elementary School Children - there was very good side $$$ in this but not enough to quit my job and do full time

Jewelry sales via at home parties - I made anywhere from $300-$900 per month doing this very part time but I personally found I spent most of my earning back on product.

At some point I am thinking about hosting parenting workshops or classes on positive discipline or similar for a fee. A colleague became RIE trained and it's great because she host a Saturday parent & me class which creates a built in clientele for her daycare.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you I will look into REI. I have been looking for more infant care courses but most if not all degrees and classes cater toward preschool sometimes toddlers.
That was a typo it is RIE Parenting
http://www.janetlansbury.com/2013/12...t-into-action/

I did mommy & me classes with Janet Lansbury for two years with my dd and it was this AP mama's saving grace when I found it. I felt RIE helped me to be connected and responsive without feeling the need to be "attached" - it really is an amazing early childhood approach. It I did infants /toddlers only that would be my approach and I still implement it with my 2+ crowd where it applies.