View Single Post
CityGarden 10:55 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I may seriously consider a flat start time, then tiered rate based on when they leave starting at 3pm. Hmmm my wheels are turning.

I charge the most in the area for in home. I just did notice that the centers bumped up their rates again in January so I have been trying to change a few things and considering raising mine again. Really because I keep a small group. If I had 5-7 kids I wouldn't worry but I have no more than 4 and then someone is always waiting to start, so frequently 3 paying. When you deal with babies and wanting newborns you wait.

Realizing I have to tweak a few things. Great advice thank you.
I think contracted hours could drastically change your quality of life.... and reduce some of the strains from this job. I recall other providers have switched to contracted hours instead of doing a price increase.... that was one way they sold it to parents. There are lots of threads on it here on daycare.com you can do a tag search for more....

Also have you considered a pre-enrollment program? I think it would work well for infants: http://thrivingchildcare.com/2016/02...lment-program/