View Single Post
Unregistered 10:24 PM 04-17-2017
Answering Leigh

The op said that the sitter was found off an agency site. I assume OP is NOT her only client and thereby would also assume (likely) the woman didn't just stop advertising. I bet if I had all the info, I would see she is STILL advertising under the agency. This is derived from common sense knowledge. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I hired a nanny online who I found via an agency and the woman nannied for me pt and for another family pt. She also used the agency name to advertise for weekend and date night babysitting on the side.

Second, in Germany, a mother's helper is just that. The nanny allowed me mom to step in and just assisted me as requested. She had a start and stop time. Sometimes she came early. She did NOT get extra pay for being early unless she physically began working early.

I don't think the op used a typical daycare like you all are, rather a mother's helper/nanny situation and in my experience, things are done very differently in different places and depending on customs and cultures of each nanny, there were many differences there too.

The op shld never have let all the little things slide, but she didn't pay the sitter to neglect her kids, I am sure.

I know I have had bad luck and great luck with various sitters/nannies/helpers and daycares. I'm glad I don't need to worry about it anymore. This day in age, it is hard to trust anyone and when u do and u get snowed, you also get judged for BEING snowed and missing signs of all the things that "shouldatoldya" something was wrong. Well don't we parents have it hard enough trying to juggle this thing called parenting?

This is kind of why parents don't like to pay in advance btw. Stuff like this. Not only do u gotta worry about abuse/neglect issues, but also of providers not doing their jobs/laziness/etc...

Most caregivers are fine but when u have trusted one that ISN'T fine, you begin to doubt everyone.

Op- no matter what happens, u still need to report it. Very important for other kids'sakes.