View Single Post
Michelle 01:29 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I normally try to keep things picked up, dishes in dishwasher, floors swept and vacuumed.

Today, I swear there isn't a square inch of clean downstairs. I took advantage of no kids, until now and worked on upstairs. If licensing showed up today, they'd probably call in the health dept.

This is the time that your mother in law will come or some other "surprise" visitor

One time my sil showed up on Easter Sunday and my 6 kids had easter grass and wrappings EVERYWHERE, I was trying to cook dinner and she just sat on the couch with a smirk on her face... fast forward 10 years, she has 2 boys now, crayon art all over her walls, carpet tore up, trash, toys, and dishes everywhere!
Do you know what I did?
I cleaned her house. Helped her organize, and helped her with the kids that day.
Now, my house stays clean most of the time, I have hard wood floors but that's a blessing and a curse.
I run the dishwasher fully loaded 4 times a day, and sometimes fall asleep at 8pm because I do not get much help from my family.
I have ready that book, "The Little Red Hen" to them in the past and it doesn't work. Oh well!