View Single Post
iheartkids 10:58 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
you know what???? my husband complains my house isn't clean enough. He can always point out something that isn't right. To me, I don't care if the bins are perfectly straight, as long as they are not dumped out on the floor. I also don't care if the dishes are sitting in the dish rack, as long as they are clean and my sink is not over flowing with dirty dishes.

To my husband....if the rack is on the counter, the kitchen is messy, if there is a fur ball floating around the edge of the wall, the house is messy. But also, to my husband....if there are no toys on the floor the floor is clean, even if it's covered in muddy shoe prints. So it's really hit and miss with him. All my dcp's have said they are amazed at how tidy I keep the house (and I've seen a few of their houses, they are not clean at all!).
Oh my gosh this is my husband also! He could care less if there are doggy mud prints all over the floor or cobwebs hanging from the ceiling fans but he will PITCH A FIT if I leave a pile of mail on the table! I am the opposite...there may be crap on my table and toys all over the floor but as along as the actual FLOOR doesn't look like a barn floor then I'm happy.

I feel like my house always looks cluttered and I SWEAR I always have family or friends pop in when it looks it's worse. My 3 worst areas I just can't seem to keep looking nice and clear...the kitchen sink (I don't have a dishwasher and the dishes seem to pile up instantly after I wash them!), my kitchen table and the "drop off" zone by my door. Basically...my whole kitchen. As far as the daycare area, it will get cluttered up then I'll go on a cleaning frenzy. It's like I go in waves...