View Single Post
daycare 11:09 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It would be just as fair as our income being dependent on our health and keeping our homes.

Fair really does not exist.

You have to choose which family deserves your commitment most....theirs or yours.
I understand and agree to this.

I guess it's just not something that I am willing to do. I hardly ever get calls for full time care and for the first time in 3 years, I have 3 full time kids. The others are all part time, but take up a full time spot.

Once I have the kids, If they are great, there is no way that I would want to risk losing a great kid. I guess for me sometimes its not about the money.. I find that kids who spend more time with the parents tend to be the ones that have much better behavior, the parents seem to be happier and they also follow my rules more due to their flexible schedules.
The ones that I have had that are full time are usually the ones that I have the most problems with both child and parent. I would rather have a happier me with great kids than to have ones that drive me looney but put more money in my pocket.

I would take quality over quantity. BUT this is what works for me...

So if you had a child in care part time is there a certain lenght of time that they would know for sure that they had a spot? If you have a child that you enrolled and two weeks later a call comes in for a FULL time spot, do you out the other family?