View Single Post
nannyde 03:24 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Really?! I wonder why? I mean it seems as though it would make more sense to not do it in your home. I am not saying anyone's house or home is unsafe but I have EVERYTHING kid-size and nothing big here. I hardly even keep cleaning supplies in the house. Nothing like medications or personal produsts, no personal items, no junk drawers, no tools, no toiletries, no toys from my older kids.....only things directly related to kids...so that is a weird rule.....
Iowa law is that you must reside in the home. It is so that people don't start day cares, hire the care out, and not really run them. In Iowa you can have a license of as many as 16 total kids (with two being school aged the rest five and under) with two adults who meet the catagory qualifications.

This is enough kids to do sattelite site home cares to get around the Center rules and regs. The owner could make a nice profit if they had a small home meeting the meager home day care square footage per kid (35 sq. foot per kid total 560 square foot) and be able to easily hire two adults to run it. If you get a few houses in a row you could end up with a high concentration of traffic and young kids in an area that's not zoned for business.