View Single Post
Meeko 09:31 AM 11-16-2012
Good grief...some parents never fail to amaze me with their cheapness.

They want the best car they can afford. They want the best house they can afford. They want the biggest, best TV they can afford.

Then...they want the cheapest day care they can possibly find.

They expect great care for a cheap price. They expect "special" treatment of their little angel. They expect their provider to be up at dawn and to be cheerful all day. Day and in and day out. She is to be kind and courteous. She is to be happy and gentle. She is expected to put up with lateness, rudeness, and being taken for granted by her clients.

And she is to do all this without a paid break? She is never to burn out? Never get tired? Never take a break she can actually afford? She is to be available constantly?

These parents whine and moan about giving the person who loves and cares for their child even one day's paid leave.

Yet they pay their gym membership each month, whether they use it daily or not. They pay their cable bill, whether they watch TV daily or not. They pay their mortgage or rent even though they aren't in the home 24/7. They pay their car payment even if they don't drive it. They pay their internet bill even if they don't turn on the computer once during the whole month.

They do it willingly for those things....but not for the person they should have the most gratitude and respect for. The one taking care of their child. The one who has the ENORMOUS responsibility of caring for that child for more hours than the parent does. The one who is shaping their child and teaching them life skills. The one who feeds them well and hugs and loves them.

Yet she doesn't deserve a paid day off?

These same parents will tip their hair stylist, tip their waiter, tip their mail carrier etc etc.....yet feel their day care provider doesn't deserve diddly.

These same parents would be upset if their own boss made snide comments about giving them a few paid holidays....and did his best to make them feel guilty for having any time off at all.

I do this job because I love children and I love being home with my own family.

I SOOOO wish I could do it without some of the parents.

I am lucky enough to have some wonderful clients.

I take some paid time off and some unpaid too. I have clients who INSIST on paying me for the unpaid ones too because they want me to know how much they appreciate me.

Then there's the others who feel I should be open Christmas Day if they want me to be and I'm such a burden to them because they have to pay for that day.

Makes me sad there are so many ungrateful people in the world.