View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 01:02 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Thanks for that. Yeah I was thinking that too... the meds are made for a 25 lb kid... not a "large" adult woman lol

So I responded to her texts and said "I hope that you go to the dr too because you might need to find out if yours is viral or bacterial... since your sons was viral you said, vs hers being bacterial. Also her meds are a different dosage then yours would be I'd think. I hope you guys dont give it back & forth to each other ". She reponds with "My husband says it doesnt work that way. Since we're both on the meds she wont get it again".

Theeeeen she tries to threaten me... She says "If you want her out for 3-4 weeks then I'll just switch her to Kindercare". I said "I wasn't asking her to stay out for 3-4 weeks.. Just until her drops are complete on Wednesday... 2 days out - if she is all good. Kindercare would not allow a child to attend with pink eye either. If you are saying you want to switch her there permanently, thats fine - just let me know. Not sure if thats what you meant?"

She hasn't responded. I hate crap like this. I'm just trying to protect my other kids. I have a really tiny 3 month old in my daycare that was a preemie and I dont want to risk her or the other infants catching this. I dont appreciate her little threat about removing her. I really could care less if she does - because if you read my posts about her the other day - shes been wearing me thin lately anyway with her lies. So annoying to deal with this on a Sunday. Blahhh
The problem I have with this whole scenario is that unless the doc did an actual CULTURE of the eye drainage it's impossible to be for sure if its viral or bacterial. If the doc did that, it takes 48 hours at least to get the lab results back. I've never seen a doc do a culture just for pink eye.

Secondly, nobody here (daycares or schools) exclude for pink eye anymore.

Thirdly, there shouldn't be a worry for infants in your care because unless they are being touched by other kids, they aren't going to get pink eye. E number one line of defense is hand washing. As long as you are washing your hands before touching the babies and you don't allow other children to touch them, they will be fine.

Also of note, if its truly viral pink eye, it is usually associated with a cold. And with both types, it is cintageous before symptoms are even noticed. If the brother had viral pink eye, which is commonly cause by e cold virus adenovirus, everyone has already been exposed.

As far as the drops for pink eye, it's usually exactly e same drops that they give kids and adults. Per my pediatrician. Oral dosages of meds are different for a 25 lb vs an adult but that's not necessarily the case with eye and ear drops.