View Single Post
MamaBear 02:25 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Regardless of special needs, I've still always separated older from younger. But normally a 22 month old would be with the 2 and 3 year olds. But in this ones case, up until a month ago, I had her completely separate except for with my daughter who is 10.

The reason all under 1 are separated is because e 2 and 3's can't control their germs lol. It's easier for me to teach them NO TOUCH than it is to DONT SHARE GERMS lol.

My parents aren't always super great with my illness policy but the way I figure it is I have two kids in school and they are constantly exposed to all kinds of junk. So, in all honesty, the only at to prevent the littles from staying sick since most that age don't have great immunity is to separate.

My daughter put me through medical HELL the first five years of her life. But weirdly enough, my son never caught a thing from her, even as a baby.

I wouldn't say my house is germ free at all. Plus I have cats and dogs and pet snakes and a pet hamster and a pet rat, and two pet mice that makes food for our snakes. Whew that was a mouthful !! Lol yes I clean a lot. Yes I do a lot of germ control. Yes my kids get a cold from time to time. But I've never had ANYTHING spread to everyone. Actually, other than a minor cold, I've never had anything at all spread.

And I have a really lax illness policy compared to most.
Very interesting! Wow - thats a lot of pets! Doesn't that get stinky?