View Single Post
momma2girls 11:15 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by WDW:
I love how everyone who is "against" the original poster is always unregistered.

Do you not realize that we as providers have things to do, and believe or not, need to "relax from the daily grind" as well sometimes. It is easier to do such things if you have a kid out here and there. And last time I checked, parents get paid vacation. We really don't.
I agree-
Parents taking vac. days off work- I understand that all parents need to make dr. appts. etc...
I had parents who always had off one day a week, she still cont. to bring her child to my daycare at the same time and pick up at the same time, even though, she was off all day. This would happen every week, till I finally said something to her. This child was 9 months old also.
Do you want to drop down to 3 days/week? I see you are not working on Tues.
She said- I guess- I explained to her, it would save her $25.00/week.
Then you have the parents that take off sick, 3-4 week vac. days a yr. and always bring their child to daycare. WOW!!!
You don't even want to spend one day of your vac. with your child???
Then I have the ones, that have the day off that come in whenever they feel like it, and pick up late!!!!
This has only happened a couple of times though.
I had one parent take the entire week off, and the colicy baby spent everyday with me, drop off at the same time and pick up at the same time everyday. FUNN!!!!
I did change my contract to say- my contracted hrs. are for work and commute times only. I still have families that bring their child to me, when they are off, but I don't mind if it is one day, or a couple of days, but it's ridiculous anymore than this