Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I being unfair to think this?
Josiegirl 09:40 AM 07-01-2015
I just changed my rules last year and now receive the same rate throughout the year, regardless of attendance. But what do I do with the summer-only kids? I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, one of my summer dcms paid for 4 days this week instead of 5(because I'm taking Friday off in lieu of the 4th)but tomorrow is supposed to be one of my vacation days.
So should I expect a summer family to adhere to the year round rules too? Thinking back, I'm pretty sure(but not 100% positive) that I sent her an addendum to the handbook when I changed that.
Just curious what you all think? Thanks!!
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I just changed my rules last year and now receive the same rate throughout the year, regardless of attendance. But what do I do with the summer-only kids? I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off, one of my summer dcms paid for 4 days this week instead of 5(because I'm taking Friday off in lieu of the 4th)but tomorrow is supposed to be one of my vacation days.
So should I expect a summer family to adhere to the year round rules too? Thinking back, I'm pretty sure(but not 100% positive) that I sent her an addendum to the handbook when I changed that.
Just curious what you all think? Thanks!!
Yep. ANYONE present (whether summer only or all year round) they follow the same rules as everyone else.

So if rates are based on enrollment not attendance or days used, they need to pay their regular rate.
daycarediva 11:19 AM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yep. ANYONE present (whether summer only or all year round) they follow the same rules as everyone else.

So if rates are based on enrollment not attendance or days used, they need to pay their regular rate.
Same, just had a family enroll at the end of June for summer only care pay me for Friday this week (I'm off). So they've been here 8 days and paid for a vacation day already.
MarinaVanessa 05:25 PM 07-01-2015
All of my families pay the same rate each week. If they want the summer off they have to give me notice and I advertise to fill their spot. I can then keep their deposit and if I fill the spot then I refund them their 2 week deposit. If I don't fill the spot (hasn't happened yet) then they can get their spot back.
Josiegirl 02:15 AM 07-02-2015
Thank you everybody. I emailed her last night to let her know she owes me another day. I was going to tell her at pick up yesterday but lots of parents here.
I am so bad at this sometimes.
Reply Up