Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Twins - Rate?
AfterSchoolMom 03:47 PM 11-18-2011
Normal full time rates for my area vary wildly between $85 and $150 weekly. Given this, what would you charge (if you were me) for twin 8 month olds, 3 full days per week?
dave4him 03:51 PM 11-18-2011
As a twin parent i wish i could get a discount, but everyone said the same thing and it was 400 a month per kid.
Ariana 03:58 PM 11-18-2011
I wouldn't give a discount for twins. I don't for siblings either. Centres certainly don't and it's double the care so I wouldn't personally. Friends of mine that make very good salaries were able to get subsidies that they wouldn't otherwise be qualified for because they have twins in daycare.
MyAngels 04:38 PM 11-18-2011
I've had two sets of twins over the years and I charge my full rate for both spots. Honestly, with the two sets I've had, their parents are lucky that I didn't charge them more than my normal rate .
Live and Learn 04:40 PM 11-18-2011
As a parent of twins I can tell you that I never expect and rarely receive a discount for ANYTHING,
AfterSchoolMom 05:06 PM 11-18-2011
So, parents of twins, does that mean that you'd have been more likely to go with a provider who offered you a discount?

I generally charge $25-30 for a full day. However, for some reason I can't bring myself to tell this person that I want $180 for three days care. It seems like so much! I'm quite sure that the work involved would be totally worth it though.
2ndFamilyDC 06:46 AM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I've had two sets of twins over the years and I charge my full rate for both spots. Honestly, with the two sets I've had, their parents are lucky that I didn't charge them more than my normal rate .

I hear you on that!

I have watched two sets of twins over the years, I did give discounts.
Definitely would not today.
mismatchedsocks 08:06 AM 12-20-2011
I dont have twins but I have sisters who are here 9 hours a day 3 times a week and I get $200 for them. I dont offer too much of a discount besides rounding down to make it an even number. They also only get 3 days of vacation a year.

If they leave, then I have 2 openings. If they were twin infants I would charge normal rate for each child.
Tags:military, sibling discount, twins
Reply Up