Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Help!!
JessieP 07:04 PM 01-26-2015
I've worked in the childcare industry for over 17 years. Latley, I've been watching my two of my friends daughters. My nieces also get on the bus in the morning at my house and my nephews get off after school, they are only there for about a half an hour. Someone turned me in for operating an unlicensed daycare. I've never considered myself a daycare. I think I know who did it. I feel absolutely devastated. Heart sick. I'm a rule follower, do everything right. Basically, what do I have to do to get a license. I want to continue to watch these 2 girls. I'm so lost and don't even know where to begin or what to do. Do I put in a licensing application first? What do I do? HELP!!!!!
daycare 07:13 PM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by JessieP:
I've worked in the childcare industry for over 17 years. Latley, I've been watching my two of my friends daughters. My nieces also get on the bus in the morning at my house and my nephews get off after school, they are only there for about a half an hour. Someone turned me in for operating an unlicensed daycare. I've never considered myself a daycare. I think I know who did it. I feel absolutely devastated. Heart sick. I'm a rule follower, do everything right. Basically, what do I have to do to get a license. I want to continue to watch these 2 girls. I'm so lost and don't even know where to begin or what to do. Do I put in a licensing application first? What do I do? HELP!!!!!
what state are you in?
JessieP 07:17 PM 01-26-2015
Sorry, I'm in Minnesota.
daycare 07:35 PM 01-26-2015
there are many providers here from MN.

Blackcat is one that is from that state and she is brilliant. Has a ton of good information to share. Let me get you the link for your state so you can see what your requirements are. You can access them on the home page of this site.
daycare 07:36 PM 01-26-2015
https://www.daycare.com/minnesota/
Reply Up